Thursday 7 November 2013

Singapore Citizenship Registration

I have collected my Renunciation Letter from High Commission of Malaysia on 1st November 2013.

Note: Photocopy of Birth Certificate and Stamp is attached behind. Keep this set with you until you receive news from Malaysia High Commission.


And today is my appointment at ICA to process my Singapore Citizenship registration.
What I will need:


  1. Letter of Approval from ICA
  2. Original Renunciation Letter and a Photocopy.
  3. Original Blue NRIC.
  4. 3 Photos suitable for IC. (Mine was not accepted, had to retake at Level 1 eLobby. Inform them that it is for your citizenship registration. 4pcs for $5.50)
  5. 1 More photo for Passport Application.
  6. Nets card to pay SGD$80.00 fee for IC processing.
Note: Passport Application is another SGD$70.00 by mail or online application, SGD$80.00 at the counter.

My appointment was at 9:45am, I was there by 9:30am.
At level 6 I scanned my Letter of Approval at the self-help kiosk machine and to my surprise, I was actually served immediately.




Submitted Letter of Approval, Renunciation Letter and photocopy, Blue NRIC, 3 photos for IC and SGD$80.00 for payment.
After the officer collected these items from you, she will also issue a form for Passport Application which you can immediately fill up while waiting to be called again.
There is also a counter with glue available for you to stick your photo onto the Passport Application form. (If I remember correctly it was somewhere near Counter 23)




Thereafter I waited for my turn to process my temporary pink IC.
20 minutes later, my number was called again and the officer at the counter verified my details (Address, Contact No. etc), took both my thumbprints, punched a hole in the Blue NRIC before returning it to me.
Of course, you have to sign on the particulars that have been confirmed as well as a letter stating that you have renounced your previous citizenship. The officer reminded me that when I received my 'K' form from High Commission of Malaysia, I must submit the official Renunciation Approval Letter to ICA. (Usually about 4 months time)
She informed again to wait for a final call for swearing in.

It was just another 5-10mins before I was called again into a room.
Here, the commissioner presented a letter and asked me to kindly stand up to recite the oath on the letter with my right hand raised.
From there, I was issued my temporary pink IC which is actually just a paper slip. (The official pink IC will be issued only 4-6months later where we will be informed to attend an Citizenship Ceremony.)
And I have officially registered my Singapore Citizenship!
Yay~



On my way out, just beside the self-help kiosk is a box where I dropped my completed Passport application form. By dropping it into a mailbox it will cost you $10 cheaper than going to their counter.
If everything goes well, in another couple of days to a week I should received a letter to collect my passport.
I was out of ICA by 10:45am. So total time spent was just slightly more than an hour.

Again, I hope these information will be useful for all of you. Cheers and congratulations to you in advance!

If you have some questions, I will try to help!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. May i know how long did you take to receive your pink IC after you registered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took 1 to 1.5 weeks back then :) Congrats by the way

      Delete
  3. Hi may i know how long is the period we cant travel? Is it from the moment you collected your reunciation letter from malaysian high commission? So in your case 1st november, to when you collected your sg passport? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm having same problem like previous writer, I'm plan to go Malaysia high commission on Monday 9th Jan, then after 3days back Malaysia to take renunciation letter and my Ica appointment on 17th Jan then settled passport on the same days so I must wait 7days after to get my passport, because I have go overseas on 27th. Do you think is enough time for me to get passports on time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long can get the pink ic as I still holding the temporary ic

    ReplyDelete